Monday, April 27, 2009

Swine Flu!?!

What the hell IS this swine flu business!!?!

Swine influenza virus (referred to as SIV) refers to influenza cases that are caused by Orthomyxoviruses that are endemic to pig populations. SIV strains isolated to date have been classified either as Influenzavirus C or one of the various subtypes of the genus Influenzavirus A.[1]
Swine flu, unlike bird flu, is able to pass from human to human contact.[2]


well thats what wikipedia says atleast.
but as us little kiddies learn in school you cant always trust the screwheads who update wikipedia. or somewhere along those words.


So I am curious... do I need to be super worried about this swine flu??? a school in my state was shut down today because of the students flu like symptoms after a recent trip to mexico.

I have two reasons on why that school is lucky
  • they got to miss school today
  • they went to fucking mexico

Okay done with that side note.

But really swine flu?!?!

You may disagree, but I do have to say that the bird flu business was all a big joke for americans. I mean really it was overhyped... we even had a damn tv movie made about it!

So are americans freaking out like they did about bird flu for NO reason? or is this swine flu really an epidimic?!?!

My psychology teacher was telling me that the restaurant I work at is going to be really slow coming up because of this pandemic. Apparently people would stay inside. He also told me to get a dust mask. He may just be a kook.

but a nice kook.

My boss officially thinks my Psych teacher is crazy. And she is the one making everyone wash their hands every 5 seconds. Which is TOTALLY okay considering its a RESTAURANT but her reaction lets me know that she IS worried.

Anyways, as much as a dumb teenager I sound like, I would like to miss school because of the swine flu tomorrow. So call me dumb and irrational but you know you cant help your feelings!

haha!

peace!

ps- stay away from the wild piggies!!! even though the virus is air born.... oh well....

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment